Monday, September 21, 2009

Week One




Week One

This week was all about learning what was to be expected in the class. We got a basic understanding of some drawing techniques. The various timed figure drawings were a learning experience. I need to learn how to gauge my time better to fit all of the body into the sketch. But I also think that this will come with time. I do like the alternative perspective in which we are being taught how to draw. Already I am seeing an improvement in my figures structure from other sketches and works that I have done. I also notice that my work is also very "tight" in comparison. I think that is one of the things I struggle with; I'm not very good with loose, unstructured type drawing. I have posted two of my drawings I'm happier with and an example of some of the quick figure drawings from this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment