Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Week 5/6

Week 5/6

This week we studied the muscles of the thighs and glutes. With a whopping 17 muscles to build it did take quite a while to try and figure out how to model these parts. Once again the most frustrating thing about these muscles was the fact that the book does not show how the muscles layer or interact with each other, so it is almost a blind guess as to how they work with everything else. I have a feeling that I either created some muscles twice or have misplaced them because it seems like everything is trying to fight for the same piece of connective space.

[photos of mannequin coming soon]

We have been studying the pelvis and how it defines the figure. I think my biggest qualm about drawing the pelvis is that I'm a bit unsure of it's actual size in a figure. I have a tendency to shortchange the pelvis and ribcage in terms of size. also figuring how the muscles move around it depending on how the figure moves can be quite difficult at times. Sadly because of advisement day and having to miss a class period, I feel I will be rather rusty at trying to quickly re-learn how these two operate together.

[photos of sketches coming soon]

No comments:

Post a Comment