Thursday, October 29, 2009

Portfolio Midterm

So far in life drawing I've definitely noticed an increase in appreciation for the human form and how it not only works in individual parts; but as a whole. I personally have a bad habit of resorting to an animated, cartoon-ish style when it comes to something I get frustrated over or don't understand. This class is forcing me to focus in on real points in the body and not to exaggerate them to make it something I'm comfortable with.
Over this semester I definitely have seen an improvement in being able to see landmarks on the body and avoiding drawing what you think is there. I don't really know how to define what my strengths are but I know what I have seen an improvement on and what still lacks. My definite weaknesses in my drawings is that I notice is my sense of angle and proporstion on some things is severely askew. Also in terms of my mannequin, I have trouble understanding how muscles fit together. I struggle in trying to put muscles into groups.
Over the rest of the semester I would like to work on figuring out how to be able to see proportion instantly rather than having to struggle with angle and size of landmarks for the first chunk of a drawing. Other than that one of my other biggest interests in the face, but I'd have a feeling that it might not be covered within this class.

Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/44120054@N06/sets/72157622564703375/

No comments:

Post a Comment