Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Week Four

This week in life drawing we covered the abs and ribs section of the body. We learned how to draw the rib cage as a structure point in terms of a form and how to incorporate the abs.

Our assignment for this week was to add our abs connecting the ribs and the pelvis on our skeletons. It was easier this time to figure out how the muscles connected to each other this time around. Possibly because there were less muscles to figure out. I think the hardest part of this assignment was to figure out how to make the tendons on the abs look like they "fit" on the muscles.

The drawings this week seemed easier as well. I think because I have a better understanding of why a figure stands the way it does, that now I'm starting to understand how all the muscles fit under the skin. I have a little bit of trouble always catching the planes of the ribs. But overall I think I am happy with my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment