Monday, December 21, 2009

Week 8/9

Due to being sick with the flu, I missed the 8th week of class. However, this week we learned about drawing the feet. We focused on the two different sections of the feet and how all of the different bones connect giving the foot range of motion and it's shape. I enjoyed drawing the feet because it was a more centralized subject and I was able to focus on it and get the shape more readily than if I was drawing the whole figure. I also know that in my personal drawing endeavors I have trouble drawing extremities such as hands and feet so this was information I was more than eager to learn.

As for the week that I missed we were working more on the legs and being able to integrate the calves into what we have already learned in terms of figure shape. I added the knowledge of what we had learned this week in terms of adding the foot, which I will have to say that I need work on the proportions. But this is no surprise to me as that is one of my greatest struggles with figure drawing.

Our homework for this week was a another shell drawing, this time from the larger shells. I will admit they are exponentially easier to see and be able to capture the detail. I do need some work with my cross-contours and spirals. I am drawing what I see rather than drawing what is there and making some artistic edits to make it an overall better drawing. To make a long story short they are coming out rather.....flat. I need to work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment