Monday, December 21, 2009

Week 11

Large Scale Shell Drawing 1

This week we attempted a large scale shell drawing on a wall sized sheet of paper. I was extremely thrown off by the sheer size of the workspace. I'm not used to drawing large and it felt very awkward trying to draw. Frankly I wasn't a fan. But I think that this version did end up a little better than some of my previous shell drawings. The spiral shapes in the shell are starting to come together, but during our critiques I was told that some of my lines work against the drawing and make the picture look flat, which I completely agree with. I also need to work on my line quality as I'm still drawing too dark and my cross contour drawings seem way too heavy for the image. I am also have some issues with the definition and detail in the tip of the shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment