Monday, December 21, 2009

Week 12/13

Week 12, we had no class due to the fact that Amy was under the weather.

Week 13 we started working on hands and faces. We started learning about eyes, noses, mouths, and ears and how they work as a whole in order to compose the face. We also learned about how the muscles of these features work with the skull. I loved drawing the face because I think that it has to be one of the most interesting parts of the human body. The biggest problem that I faced was the size and placement of the eyes. They are like the cornerstone of the face so if they are not correct then the rest of your face will be off as well.

The hands were another aspect of the body that I was super excited to learn. I think they are also the one aspect of figures in my personal drawing that I struggle with immensely. It wasn't hard to figure out the structure of the hands thanks to our knowledge of feet and the way tarsals and phalanges. The biggest struggle I had was with the thumb. I had a very hard time getting the square nature of it and because it doesn't connect to the hand like the rest of the fingers , it was a little more difficult to figure out.

No comments:

Post a Comment